As promised I’m back with part two of “How Some Jabroni Would’ve Booked the Road to WrestleMania 33.” Now that we’re in some kind of alternate universe (Earth 2 for those comic book fans) where AJ Styles is still WWE Champion, a Raw superstar has won the 2017 Royal Rumble (Chris Jericho you stupid idiot), and there is no #1 contender for Smackdown’s top prize on the grandest stage of them all. I’m now taking a look at the 2017 Elimination Chamber event.
AJ Styles opponent would be determined at Elimination Chamber with six superstars inside the new and improved elimination chamber structure. These six superstars include John Cena, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, The Miz, Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin. The Ambrose and Corbin feud begins, Orton blindsides Wyatt by eliminating him and the Miz shocks the WWE Universe by outlasting Cena.
After beating John Cena at the Royal Rumble, the WWE Champion AJ Styles continues on his path for respect from Daniel Bryan, Shane McMahon and the WWE Universe. This puts him in a match against his current WrestleMania opponent but at the Elimination Chamber event instead, in a non-title street fight. The match sees Styles coming out the victor at the end.
As for the rest of the 2017 Elimination Chamber card, Naomi falls short to Alexa Bliss continuing the title reign of Bliss going into Mania.
Dolph Ziggler takes out Kalisto from the handicap match alongside Apollo Crews. Instead of Kalisto coming out during the match and making the save for Crews, and later earning the victory, Jerry Lawler comes out as payback against Ziggler for a Smackdown segment that happened the month prior in Lawler’s hometown of Memphis. Lawler gets in some offense before getting pinned by Ziggler and costing Apollo Crews the match.
Final 2017 Elimination Chamber card:
- Becky Lynch defeats Mickie James
- Dolph Ziggler defeats Jerry Lawler and Apollo Crews
- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship: American Alpha (Jason Jordan and Chad Gable) win the Tag team turmoil match
- Nikki Bella vs. Natalya ends in a double countout
- WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship: Alexa Bliss (c) defeats Naomi
- AJ Styles defeats Shane McMahon in a non-title street fight
- Number 1 Contenders Elimination Chamber Match: The Miz defeats John Cena, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose, and Baron Corbin
This has been the second part of How Some Jabroni Would’ve Booked the Road to WrestleMania 33. The conclusion will be posted in the upcoming weeks. You can check out part one HERE.